noscript image
GooglePlay Logo AppStore Logo

Ter Stegen out for two and a half months after operation

BeSoccer by BeSoccer @besoccer_com - 2 1,209

Pin Ter Stegen has been successfully operated on. EFE
Ter Stegen has been successfully operated on. EFE

Ter Stegen out for two and a half months after operation

BeSoccer by BeSoccer @besoccer_com - 2 1,209

Barcelona have announced that goalkeeper Ter Stegen has had an operation on a tendon in his right knee and it has gone well. The German will miss the start of next season.

On Monday, after announcing elections for 2021 and the sacking of Quique Setien, Barcelona confirmed that goalkeeper Ter Stegen was going to undergo surgery this Tuesday. 

The Catalan club have updated his medical report after the operation and said that everything has gone well. The German will soon begin his recovery. 

Barcelona have indicated he will be out for around two and a half months, so he will miss the start of the 2020-21 season and will not play until October. As there is an international break in October, the German will only miss a few La Liga games and no Champions League one. That is providing the international break does not got postponed. 

The reason for the operation, which doctor Ramon Cugat carried out, was because the player had been struggling with an injury to a tendon in his right knee all season. 

"It's a proactive measure which is done now to prevent anything happening in the future. The player had some irritations in that tendon during the season," Barca said on Monday. 

BeSoccer

BeSoccer

news 99K RANK 1
READS 157M RANK 1
More news author

Follow BeSoccer on Facebook